Sunday, March 27, 2011

Salad

Tonight we had one of my favorite dinners. Salad. I know it sounds kind of boring but there is a lot you can do to a salad.  Here is a list of things that can go into a salad. Sometimes I serve the items separately, sometimes I mix it all together. Put in what you like and leave out what you don't like or don't have on hand. When this is served for dinner I usually put grilled chicken strips or grilled fish with it. Cottage cheese is also good served with salad.

Lettuce, spinach, carrots, celery, radishes, broccoli, avocado, green onion, cilantro, asparagus (boil in small amount of water for about 7 min. Rinse in cold water and add to salad), strawberries, blueberries, sliced almonds, sunflower seeds, craisins, parmesan cheese, grated cheese, boiled eggs.

1 comment: