Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hot Dog (or ham) Casserole


 (from Grandma Jane Matthews)
4 Potatoes (peeled and sliced)
½ tsp. salt
Put potatoes and salt in sauce pan and add water to cover potatoes.  Boil about 20 min.
While potatoes cook, prepare hot dog sauce:
6 Hot dogs (sliced)(or ham in small pieces)
3 Tbs. margarine or butter
3 Tbs. flour
1 ½ Cup milk
Heat hot dog slices and margarine in a fry pan.  Mix in flour.  Add milk and stir until thickened.
Drain potatoes, and then stir them into hot dog sauce. Add ½ Cup grated cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.

I prefer this with ham, McKay likes hot dogs better and it is one he can cook.

6 comments:

  1. It looks like you got it going with no help at all. I agree with Sarah that the layout and background are very very cute. I'm excited Mom. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the way to learn is just do it even though I am painfully slow. I still can't figure out how to make the yellow letters on the Blog Archive a different color. They are hard to read. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of our favorites. The girls love it, and eat it really well. I never thought of putting ham in it. Good idea. Very very cute blog! Are you going to make it into a book eventually? That would be something I would love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, I'm so glad you're doing the "labels" thing. I'd love to see a "Sunday" or "fast" label so I can just search that way when we're in a hurry or don't want to spend a lot of time cooking. Also, I think the book idea is a good one. I've thought of doing that for years now, with all your chocolate recipes, gingerbread, salsa, etc. and pictures of people making it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am working on getting them typed and I actually have printed some for a loose leaf binder. I'll keep working on it.

    ReplyDelete