Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pizza Fondue

This morning I looked in the fridge and saw that I had a big block of mozzarella cheese. I really need to use some more of it before it gets old and moldy. I have a busy afternoon so pizza and lasagna are not very good options. Pizza fondue will be perfect. I need some fresh yummy Italian type bread to go with it and I'll be out doing errands so I can pick some up this afternoon.


from Brian and Sarah

1 bottle of spaghetti sauce
1/2 c grated mozzarella cheese
1 loaf of French, Italian or crusty bread, cut into cubes (there is one at Costco with herbs in it that is super yummy)
1 small package of pepperoni
Mozzarella cheese chunks

Heat spaghetti sauce, then stir in cheese until melted.
Put in fondue pot and serve.
Dip bread, pepperoni and cheese in sauce and eat. You can put any combo on your fork to dip.

I don't have a fondue pot, so I set little bowls for everyone to put their sauce in at their own place.

I have also done this with my wheat bread. I toast it, butter it, sprinkle garlic on it and cut it into strips.

No comments:

Post a Comment