Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Crispy Southwest Wraps

From Brian and Sarah Matthews

Makes 6 wraps
1 cup cooked brown rice (warm or at room temperature)
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 green onion, finely sliced
1/2 red or green pepper, diced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
juice of one lime
1/2 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
6 medium tortillas

Mix rice together with chili powder, cumin and garlic salt.  Add remaining ingredients except for cheese.  Sprinkle cheese over tortillas, leaving 1/2 inch border around edges, then arrange rice mixture down the center of each tortilla.  Roll stuffed tortillas leaving edges open.  Spray the tortillas with cooking spray or brush w/ olive oil.  Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat for one minute.  Arrange two wraps, seam-side down, in pan and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 2-3 minutes per side.  

Serve with salsa, guacamole, and sour cream.  



Sarah's note

My very favorite meal right now! I find that I like when the whole thing is crispy, so I let them cook on all four sides- takes a little longer but it's worth it.

3 comments:

  1. My very favorite meal right now! I find that I like when the whole thing is crispy, so I let them cook on all four sides- takes a little longer but it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adele, it is Margaret, Jenn's sister. I was wondering if you use flour or corn tortillas in your recipes? Have you tried those tortillas that are corn and wheat?
    I just started a blog last month too and I am amazed by how much satisfaction I find in doing it. Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margaret, for this recipe I use flour tortillas. In the enchiladas I use corn. I haven't tried the corn and wheat. Have you? What do you think of them?

    ReplyDelete