Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Chicken Fajitas

Marinade (from Glenda Matthews)

1 lb chicken strips
Juice from 1 orange
Juice from 1 lime
2 tsp cider vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
Tabasco to taste (or a dash of red pepper)

Mix marinade and pour on chicken. Soak at least ½ hour or can go overnight.  Grill chicken and serve with fajita vegetables.

1 bell pepper
½ onion

Slice into thin strips. Cook in a little olive oil. You can cook the chicken in a fry pan and then add vegetables.

Serve with flour tortillas, sour cream, cheese, salsa.


Serves 4 - 6 people


Note: I was making these tonight when I realized I didn't have any bell peppers. So I used about 1/2 cup frozen corn in place of the peppers and it was delicious. I think that children might eat this better than with peppers. I also salt and peppered the chicken a little as I cooked it.


No comments:

Post a Comment