Monday, March 28, 2011

Discounted Chicken

I like to save money on groceries. One of the ways I do this is to stock up when something is on sale and then I'm still serving sale food even after the sale is over.


Cook
Cut and Partial Freeze
Ready to add in a hurry
This is how I do it with chicken. I only use chicken breasts or chicken breast tenders. When there is a good deal on, I buy more than I need. ( I don't like Macey's sale chicken unless I'm going to pressure can it. I think it is tough and dry) I cut it into strips and either grill it or fry it with salt and pepper or lemon pepper. When it is cooked, I cut it into cubes, put it on a tray to partial freeze and then transfer it to a dated bag to keep in the freezer. I use it as an addition to many meals. This is really a time saver when fixing dinner and we are eating cheap chicken all year.

No comments:

Post a Comment