Thursday, May 26, 2011

Spaghetti

Serves 4 – 6

spaghetti noodles (about 1" diameter  when held tightly in hand)
5 cups water
½ tsp salt

Bring water and salt to boil in saucepan. Break spaghetti in half and add to water. Bring back to boil and cook for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally. Water should just cover spaghetti, add more if needed.

½ lb hamburger
½ chopped onion
½ chopped bell pepper (optional)
1 – 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 – 14 oz can diced tomatoes
1 tsp Italian seasoning
½ tsp granulated garlic
½ tsp salt
pinch of sugar

Brown hamburger with onion and pepper. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer until spaghetti noodles are done.

Simmering sauce

Come and get it


Mix noodles and sauce together to serve.

Parmesan rolls or breadsticks are good with this. And of course a green salad.

1 comment:

  1. I want that so bad right now. I'm sick of kid food. I have always wanted to make my own spaghetti sauce, but I never have. I just might try this because it doesn't seem too hard!

    ReplyDelete