Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Taco Soup


The weather outside still has me turning to warm comfort food. I am grateful for my warm house.
½  lb. ground beef (cooked and rinsed)
1 - 15 oz can whole kernel corn (drained)
1 - 15 oz can Mexican style tomatoes (or regular diced tomatoes)
1 – 8 oz can tomato sauce
2 – 15 oz  cans beans, drained (black, pinto, white, kidney, whatever you like)
1 pkg. taco seasoning (or 1 Tbs chili powder and 1 tsp cumin)
½ tsp salt
1 – 4 oz can diced green chilies (if desired)

Add all ingredients to pot and let simmer for 20 min. (or more) on stove.
Serve with sour cream (or plain yogurt), grated cheese and tortilla chips.
Note: I had a bell pepper that needed to be used, so I left out the chilies and added ½ chopped bell pepper and ¼ chopped onion. It gave the soup a fresh taste.
I served cornbread with it and it was a nice change from chips, although some of the family still had chips too.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite meals- this looks so good that I'm tempted to make it for dinner tonight...except it's gorgeous here and so it doesn't really match the weather at all, and lets be honest, we'll probably be having chicken nuggets tonight. :) Without a man in the house, there's really almost no motivation to make a real meal.

    ReplyDelete