Friday, September 2, 2011

Pasta with Tomatoes and Basil


From Brian and Sarah Matthews
Serves about 4

2 cups dry pasta (I used garden delight Penne)
1 lb. cherry tomatoes (about 30)
1 tsp. olive oil
½ cup chopped fresh basil
½ tsp granulated garlic (or fresh)
8 oz. fresh mozzarella (Ciliegine is in little balls and I like it best)
½ tsp. garlic salt
Pepper to taste

Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, chop the tomatoes in half. In fry pan heat olive oil and add 15 halved tomatoes and garlic. (Save the rest of the tomatoes to add later.) Heat for about 5 minutes and smash the tomatoes a little. This makes a sort of sauce.
When pasta is finished cooking, drain, put in serving bowl and add the rest of the ingredients stirring in the cooked tomatoes last. This melts the cheese a tiny bit. Serve hot.
Saute half the tomatoes

Fresh basil from the garden

Save half the tomatoes to add fresh

I first had this at Brian and Sarah's and I'm not sure if I make it the same as them. It was a while before I tried it on my own.

We had it last night and everyone loved it. Marilyn and McKay don't usually like cooked tomatoes, but they really like this pasta.
It is a wonderful light summer dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment